[labnetwork] Industrial Client Policies

Noah Clay nclay at upenn.edu
Mon Apr 4 20:30:02 EDT 2016

Michael,

We have very limited discretionary leverage/funds for employee retention at Penn.  This would typically include a one-time bonus, salary adjustment and/or a flexible work-from-home arrangement.

I've encountered a few folks who've been through poaching recently; the "poached" were very valuable and irreplaceable employees...or so it was thought.  In all cases, they've been able to find great replacements, often upgrading and a wave of fresh ideas from the "new blood".

I do wish you the best -

Regards,
Noah Clay

University of Pennsylvania