[labnetwork] Ebeam & Sputtering of unknown material

Christophe Clément christophe.clement at polymtl.ca
Wed Dec 14 09:20:47 EST 2016

Good morning all

I’ve been ask to deposit on optical fiber tips material that we do not
have any experience with.

These materials are: MgF2, BaF2, KBr and CaF2. The two first are listed
“fair” by Ebeam evaporation on KJL tables, the two other with thermal or
sputtering.

Does anyone have use these kind of material before? If yes, is there any
advice regarding manipulation, chamber contamination/cleaning that we need
to know before accepting this project?

Thank you all for your help, always appreciated!

Best

Christophe

Christophe Clément

Technicien laboratoire