[labnetwork] Ge in a deep Si RIE/ICP

Noah Clay nclay at upenn.edu
Thu Feb 25 21:21:57 EST 2016

Kurt,

We have a request for deep etching Ge x-ray optics with our SPTS Rapier.  As Yaguang pointed out, we don't have much concern about volatility of the byproducts.  However, we use optical endpoint for chamber cleaning, which is tuned to SiF4 emission; we are not sure of the emission intensity of GeF4 (~400nm) and are therefore not quite certain of how this bodes for chamber cleaning (the endpoint detector gain
 settings are optimized for SiF4, etc.). Somewhat fortunate for us: we have data for etching similar x-ray structures in silicon and will likely write an over etch recipe for Ge that mirrors Si.

Best,
Noah

Sent from my iPhone