[labnetwork] Occupancy Sensors in Cleanroom

Carsen Kline carsen at stanford.edu
Fri May 6 01:31:15 EDT 2016

Hi Matt,

At SNF we have occupancy sensors in our litho areas, satellite labs, and offices. We don't get false triggers of lights due to vibration or noise, just occasional annoyances. Yesterday I overheard a student giving an outside tour of our lab trying to describe the tools in the dark to his visitors. Noah's suggestion of a bypass option during business hours is a good one. A few of our lamps are always on and tied into emergency backup power.

Best wishes for your new lab.

Carsen