[labnetwork] After Hours Policies - Wet Processing

Noah Clay nclay at upenn.edu
Thu Sep 29 18:12:30 EDT 2016

Michael,

We allow working with the chemistries listed below after hours and with a buddy.  During staff hours, a buddy is not required.  Fortunately, all of the low/high pH work is confined to one bay in our fab and, with HD cameras, enforcing the buddy system is relatively straightforward.

The requirement for a buddy is simply that they're a trained user who must be in the fab at all times while work is in process.  We do not require that they shadow the person conducting work.  Staff hours are posted during orientation and holiday/buddy reminders are broadcast through email and on a flat screen in the gowning area.  So, our users are hopefully respecting and aware of when a buddy is required.

Best,
Noah

Noah Clay
Director, Quattrone Nanofabrication Facility
University of Pennsylvania