[labnetwork] After Hours Policies - Wet Processing

Vito Logiudice vito.logiudice at uwaterloo.ca
Fri Sep 30 15:39:33 EDT 2016

Hi Michael,

Some great insights have been shared. I’ll add my two cents.

We just recently increased our weekday full hours of operation to 10PM via the addition of a Co-op student who works in the facility on various projects from 2PM to 10PM Monday to Friday. The presence of someone directly affiliated with the fab team allows our lab members who fall under the “Advanced equipment user level” to use the fab’s entire toolset from 8AM to 10PM, Monday to Friday. The Buddy system remains in place for wet hoods with some well-defined exceptions which you can read about here if interested:
https://fab.qnc.uwaterloo.ca/data/access/operating/hrs-op-equip-user-levels

We’ve found that the extension of full fab hours to 10PM Mon-Fri since this past June seems to have helped; grumblings about hours being too restrictive have subsided. We might add another Co-op student to work during weekend hours should the need arise. We were nervous about allowing broader use of the fab (and in particular its hoods) without the presence of someone from the fab team in the facility. Our first Co-op student worked out very well this past summer and our second one this fall term is proving to be very promising as well.

Don’t hesitate if you have any questions.

Best,
Vito
--
Vito Logiudice  P.Eng.