[labnetwork] Handheld Hydrogen and Hydride (Phosphine, Germane, diborane, silane) detectors

Dennis Schweiger schweig at umich.edu
Mon Apr 3 10:44:19 EDT 2017

James,

as everyone has previously mentioned, all of the DOD stuff works really
well, as do the Matheson single point hand-held units.  You don't say what
detection system you're using for the rest of your fab, but I'd check with
that vendor to see what they offer.

I'd also suggest that you look at a MultiRAE unit (good for monitoring up
to six different gas chemistries), and the Honeywell SPMFlex (extractive
tapes required).

Here at UofMichigan we have a variety of handheld detection systems. What
you'll find is that there isn't a "silver bullet" to cover every single
thing when you look at multi-use sensors.  There will have to be some trade
offs.

Dennis Schweiger
University of Michigan/LNF
Facilities