[labnetwork] Handheld Hydrogen and Hydride (Phosphine, Germane, diborane, silane) detectors

Frank Gambino frank.gambino at dodtec.com
Mon Apr 3 13:24:49 EDT 2017

Hi Jim,

The unit you were using was the Matheson 5057.  This was actually made by New Cosmos for Matheson. The New Cosmos model was XP-703D.  DOD Technologies is partnered with New Cosmos.

[cid:image003.png at 01D2AC75.23990E30]

The XP-703D was replaced by a newer version called the XP-703D-III.  The XP-703D-III like the XP-703D is a general leak detector and basically detects the flammable part for these gases.  It is strictly a qualitative and not quantitative unit.  It can read arsine down to 50ppb and H2 as low as 1ppm.
http://www.dodtec.com/xp-703dhydrides/

Another portable option is the XPS-7 which uses interchangeable EC sensors can read arsine down to 12ppb.  The XPS-7 provides quantitative data where the XP-703D-III does not.
http://www.dodtec.com/xps7/

A 3rd portable option is the CLPX which uses colorimetric technology (tape) and can detect arsine down to 1.6ppb.
http://www.dodtec.com/clpx/

Regards,

Frank Gambino
DOD Technologies, Inc.