[labnetwork] materials question

A. William (Bill) FLOUNDERS bill_flounders at berkeley.edu
Mon Aug 14 13:15:15 EDT 2017

Rick,
We separate our evaporators into high, medium, and low volatility metals.
Zn is about the highest volatility metal we allow. (~0.1torr at ~400 C).
This translates into the possibility of Zn "boiling off" shields and other
surfaces
if you use the evaporator for a medium or low volatility metal in the
future.

Bottom Line - dedicated chamber for high volatility materials recommended.
Chamber clean and shield change recommended after Zn processing if you plan
to return tool to medium and low volatility materials in the future.

Lesker has a useful evap / sputter materials deposition chart:
https://www.lesker.com/newweb/deposition_materials/materialdepositionchart.cfm?pgid=0

Bill Flounders
UC Berkeley