[labnetwork] Varian 350D

Richard Battaglia rlbemc at rit.edu
Fri Dec 15 07:31:26 EST 2017

Hello all,

We have a Varian 350D here at RIT and it is having some very odd issues.  Right now I am unable to get the End Station Controller to boot up.  I have checked all voltages on all power supplies, checked, and replaced, various tantalum caps that looked odd, even tried a separate CPU and memory card thinking it might be the issue but no luck.  When it is powered up I get both the hold and start light on both end stations illuminated and the display is either -----350D----- or an error of some sort, never the same.  The only lights that illuminate on the End Station Controller are the Chuck Extend 2 and 1 and Platen open 1 and 2.  The system never goes any farther than that.
I'm not sure where to go at this point without knowing what the End Station should be doing on boot up.

If anyone has an experience with this I would greatly appreciate some advice.

Thank You,

Richard L Battaglia

Richard L Battaglia
Rochester Institute of Technology