[labnetwork] New lab in Brazil

Roberto R. Panepucci roberto.panepucci at cti.gov.br
Tue Dec 19 16:57:25 EST 2017

Hi Willyan,
Nice to see that you are looking for feedback. Congratulations on the new lab, it looks nice.
Your initial suggestions for tools make sense. Here in Campinas, SP there are currently 6 cleanroom facilities, some of which have all of the tools you mentioned operational. It may be worth a short trip to hear from the managers and users about it. I am sure you know of a few of them, but here is the list:
1. CTI
2. CCS/Unicamp
3. LAMult/UNICAMP
4. LMF/CNPEM
5.LNNano/CNPEM
6.CPqD

About an hour from here, in São Paulo, SP you will find a few more:
1. Poli/USP
2. IPT/USP
3. Mackgraphe

There are probably more, but this gives you an idea.
What you will find out is that due to all of our customs paperwork, reliability and a service center that keeps spare parts in-country, are key issues.

Look forward to hearing from you.
Regards,

Roberto R. Panepucci, PhD
Pesquisador Titular/Senior Researcher
Head NCSH
Centro de Tecnologia da Informação Renato Archer - CTI
Rodovia Dom Pedro I, km 143,6
Campinas - São Paulo - Brasil - CEP 13069-901
Telefone: +55 19 3746-6072/6672
https://scholar.google.com.br/citations?user=lIGSDCcAAAAJ&hl=pt-BR