[labnetwork] Two SEM/EBLs set up in the same room : comments

Price, Aimee price.798 at osu.edu
Wed Dec 20 09:22:54 EST 2017

Hi all,
We have two columns (one Vistec/Raith EBPG5000 EBL and one Zeiss Ultra Plus SEM) 16 feet apart.  They both do have Spicer systems and also vibration cancellation, but we have no ill effects from either.  Both vendors did site surveys and suggested the proper noise cancellation.

Yes the cleanroom acoustics and sometimes vibration can reduce the ultimate resolution of your microscope, but most vendors have approaches to minimize it (noise cancellation of some sort).

Best of luck to you and congratulations on your new systems!

Aimee