[labnetwork] Safety shower curtain

Nava Ariel-Sternberg na2661 at columbia.edu
Fri Jul 7 08:10:03 EDT 2017

Good morning all,

A few months ago there was a discussion here (started by Julia I believe) about a safety shower curtain. We’ve adopted the idea enthusiastically after hearing of people going to the restroom instead of using the safety showers in other labs on campus for the sake of privacy.

Now, that we have two beautiful safety shower curtains installed in our clean room, our fire safety department is insisting we take them down as the curtains are not flame retardant. Has anyone faced this discussion and can share opinion/experience? Anyone using a flame retardant safety shower curtain they can recommend? (quick web search didn’t come up with clean room compatible curtains).

Thanks,

Nava

Nava Ariel-Sternberg, Ph.D.

Director of CNI Shared Facilities