[labnetwork] LED lights in photosensitive areas - yellow lens needed?

Nava Ariel-Sternberg na2661 at columbia.edu
Fri Jul 7 15:07:18 EDT 2017

Hi Frank,

We have installed LED lights in our litho area and heard the same claim but we checked with photoresist manufacturers and their recommendation was to have amber filers and block all wavelength below 500nm.

Although LED lights do not emit in the UV, some of the photoresists are sensitive to the lower part of the visible range.

We ended up purchasing amber plastic filters and installed them on top of the LED lights.

Hope this helps,

Nava

Nava Ariel-Sternberg, Ph.D.

Director of CNI Shared Facilities