[labnetwork] Gas cabinet for F2 premix for excimer lasers?

Rizik Michael rizik at intengr.com
Wed Mar 8 10:15:22 EST 2017

I agree with Dennis' logic. A gas cabinet or exhausted enclosure is the
preferred installation. However, installing the gas cylinder in, say
10'x10'x10' room  could work if we treat the room as an exhausted enclosure
with proper safeguards. This includes proper exhaust and make up air
distribution to minimize dead zones within the room.

Perhaps the cylinder could be installed in 4'Wx3'Lx8'H closet which is
closer to a gas cabinet size. Keep in mind that such a closet will have to
be designed and built with similar features as a gas cabinet. This includes
automatic door closure; air intake louvers at the bottom of the door; proper
exhaust flow rate to ensure less than 1/2PEL in the event of a leak since
for personnel protection; gas monitoring sensor; and interlocking the access
door with the gas monitoring system. The cost of building such a closet will
far exceed the cost of a gas cabinet or exhausted enclosure.

Regards

Rizik Michael, PE

Principal

Integrated Engineering Services