[labnetwork] Cleanroom garments - Costs escalating

Pulver, Daniel - 0835 - MITLL Daniel.Pulver at ll.mit.edu
Mon May 15 07:42:43 EDT 2017

Vince,

We abandoned our Gore-Tex garments over a year ago due to material availability issues for new garments or repairs.  During consideration of switching to Alltex (static dissipative polyester) we tested with airborne particle counts in proximity of the wearer and with numerous tests reaching over wafers and measuring added particles (at >0.12um on 200mm wafers).  The Alltex suites performed equally with the Gore-Tex.

Perhaps this fabric option will provide flexibility in your situation.

Dan

Dan Pulver
Microelectronics Laboratory Manager
MIT Lincoln Laboratory