[labnetwork] Cleanroom Garments - summary

Leif Johansen lej at danchip.dtu.dk
Fri May 19 02:52:05 EDT 2017

Hello Thomas,

At DTU Danchip we use a laundry service. We own our own cleanroom garments. All garments are removed from the gowning area every weekend. The laundry service replaces damaged garments with new ones and invoices us. We receive the discarded garments for control inspection. Sometimes we think that the discarded garments are still worthy of being used in our university cleanroom (e.g. loose thread or very small pinhole). However, the laundry company also delivers to several large pharmaceutical companies, so they follow both ISO 14644 as well as GMP and ISO 13485 (medical devices). They claim it would be too costly to set up a special laundry line just for our purpose.

Every third year the Technical University of Denmark holds a tender on all laundry service to insure that we get the best price/quality .

Best regards,
Leif