[labnetwork] Opportunity at the NIST CNST NanoFab

Luciani, Vincent (Fed) Vincent.Luciani at nist.gov
Mon Nov 13 14:44:28 EST 2017

Hello Everyone,

In the near future I hope to post an opening for an experienced Process Engineer.  We are looking for someone who has a wide scope of hands-on nanofabrication experience and especially recent hands-on experience with RIE process development.  Resumes can be sent directly to Jessie or me.
The ad is pictured below and attached as a PDF.

Many thanks,

Vince

Vincent K. Luciani
NanoFab Manager
Center for Nanoscale Science and Technology<http://www.cnst.nist.gov/>
100 Bureau Drive, MS 6201
Gaithersburg, MD 20899-6200 USA
+1-301-975-2886

Nanofabrication Process Engineer
US Citizenship Required
The Center for Nanoscale Science and Technology (CNST) at the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) in Gaithersburg, MD is seeking expressions of interest for a Nanofabrication Process Engineer.

About Us
The Center for Nanoscale Science and Technology (CNST), NIST's nanotechnology user facility, supports the
U.S. nanotechnology enterprise from discovery to production by providing industry, academia, NIST, and other government agencies with access to world-class nanoscale measurement and fabrication methods and technology. For additional information about the CNST, please visit http://www.nist.gov/cnst.

Anticipated Employment Opportunity
We anticipate that, in 2017, there will be an opportunity for the right candidate to join the CNST in advancing the field of nanotechnology at one of the country's foremost nanotechnology user facilities. Now, we are seeking expressions of interest from individuals with significant hands-on experience in reactive ion etch (RIE) process development experience and broad experience in micro-/nano- fabrication in general. This position would be responsible for multiple reactive ion etch tools as well as other processing and metrology tools within the facility. Responsibilities would include developing and maintaining process benchmarks, providing training to users on the process tools, assisting users in designing various micro- and nano- devices, and developing their associated processes.

Skills Required
The position will require extensive hands-on experience in the nanofabrication process development, especially in reactive ion etching (RIE), thin film growth and furnace based processes for high quality thin-film growth. The successful candidate must be familiar with statistical process control (SPC) and have experience with design of experiments (DOE). The ability to author process documentation and training material is also required. In addition, the candidate must be proficient in MS Office applications and general computer use. Good communication skills, the ability to work with a wide range of users, and an enthusiasm for working on multiple projects simultaneously are very important.

The successful candidate will have at least ten years of experience with nano-/micro-fabrication (or semiconductor processing), with at least five years of direct experience with RIE process development.

Candidates must have at least a bachelor's degree in science or engineering, or equivalent experience combined with education in nano-/micro-fabrication and semiconductor processing. An advanced degree in science or engineering or nanofabrication is highly desired. This position is expected to be within NIST pay band III-IV (salary
$66,510 - $145,629), commensurate with education, training and/or experience.

About NIST
Founded in 1901, NIST is a non-regulatory federal agency within the Department of Commerce. NIST's mission is to promote U.S. innovation and industrial competitiveness by advancing measurement science, standards, and technology in ways that enhance economic security and improve our quality of life. To learn more about NIST,
follow NIST on YouTube,<http://www.youtube.com/user/usnistgov> twitter, or Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/4NIST>.

The Department of Commerce is an Equal Opportunity Employer. US citizenship is required (

Order 11935, only United States citizens and nationals may be appointed to competitive service Federal jobs).
Please send expressions of interest, including resume to:

Jessie Zhang
Center for Nanoscale Science and Technology<http://www.cnst.nist.gov/> National Institute of Standards and Technology 100 Bureau Drive, MS 6201
Gaithersburg, MD 20899-6201 USA
chen.zhang at nist.gov<mailto:chen.zhang at nist.gov>