[labnetwork] Raith vs. Elionix E-beam writers

Brent Gila bgila at ufl.edu
Tue Oct 3 12:13:50 EDT 2017

Hello Kevin,

We have had a Raith 150 system at UF for many years now and the tool
works very well.  I am not familiar with the Elionix line of tools, but
I can vouch for the Raith systems and their support.  We are currently
working on a rectenna project that has CDs that are tighter than what
you have listed and it has no issue in creating this pattern over large
areas.

As with ANY ebeam litho system, what is very important is the proper
dose arrays when determining the exposure routine and more importantly,
the proximity corrections for highly dense arrays or lines.  I have met
several researchers who have not done sufficient proximity correction
(or any at all) and simply complain that the tool does not function
properly.  It would be a good idea to include proximity correction
software as a part of the purchase if it is not already included with
the instrument.  There are some excellent 3rd party software packages
that can be added for proximity correction, but be prepared as they are
not cheap.

Best Regards,
Brent
--