[labnetwork] Faculty search in nanostructured materials and devices - please distribute

Matthew Doty doty at udel.edu
Thu Sep 21 16:55:12 EDT 2017

Dear colleagues,

Below is announcement for a faculty position with a strong emphasis on
nanofabrication, which will likely be of interest to many of the graduate
student and postdoc users of your facilities. I would be grateful if you
would circulate this ad to your users who may be considering applying for
faculty positions. Personal recommendations of candidates would also be
very much appreciated. Because research shows that candidates from
underrepresented groups are often unintentionally overlooked when making
recommendations, I would appreciate it if you would take an extra moment to
consider whether there are any candidates from such groups that you can
recommend.

Best,
Matt

*****
The Department of Materials Science and Engineering at the University of
Delaware is searching for a junior faculty colleague in the area of
experimental nanostructured materials and devices. This search is part of a
series of faculty hires coordinated with the recent opening of our new
state-of-the-art nanofabrication facility. The facility has more than 8,000
square feet of class 100 and class 1000 space and is outfitted with a
complete suite of new state-of-the-art tools for lithography, deposition,
etching, metrology, and packaging. Details on the facility, our
professional staff, and our toolset can be found at: http://udnf.udel.edu/.
The new hire will join a friendly, collaborative, and rapidly growing
materials science department. A detailed description of the position and a
portal for submitting applications can be found at
https://apply.interfolio.com/45168 <https://apply.interfolio.com/37560>

--
Matt Doty
Director, UD Nanofabrication Facility