[labnetwork] UGIM 2018 At Penn.

Noah Clay nclay at seas.upenn.edu
Tue Apr 3 17:11:44 EDT 2018

Dear All,

With under three months to go until this year’s UGIM Conference at the University of Pennsylvania, I’m writing to gently remind interested parties to kindly register, plan your travel and kindly book your hotel rooms.  Our program is nearly full and our sponsorships (fundraising) are nearly complete.  We are featuring several keynote speakers, whose bios I’ll update shortly on the UGIM website (ugim.nano.upenn.edu <http://ugim.nano.upenn.edu/>)

1. Prof. Jared Haun from UC Irvine will discuss “Embracing the Nanobiology Future"
2. Donald Tennant from Cornell’s Nanoscale Science & Technology will lead off a keynote on Electron Beam Lithography
3. Prof. Ken Shepard from Columbia will discuss Ben Franklin’s contributions to science (Ben = Penn’s founder)
4. We are close to booking one of the White House’s appointees from the Office of Science & Technology Policy…perhaps a long shot, but stay tuned!

Kind regards,
Noah Clay (Penn) & Vincent Luciani (NIST)