[labnetwork] Leybold turbo pump controller

Wing Leong CHUNG mfcchung at ust.hk
Thu Aug 16 03:32:17 EDT 2018

Dear network members,

We have two turbo pump controllers (Mag Drive 1000, to drive MAG 900 turbo pump) out of order. It shows "Bearing Sensor" "Levitation Fail" onto the display. We swarp a good controller to the system, no error message appear. I guest the fault is come form the controller itself. However, I contact with Leybold but they said this model is obsoleted, no service can be provide further.

Is there any suggestion of company can provide service to repair the controllers?

Jeff Chung
Engineer
Nanosystem Fabrication Facility (NFF) of Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST)
Cell: (852)-2358-7211