[labnetwork] NEMO lab management software is open source

Klomparens, Dylan L. (Fed) dylan.klomparens at nist.gov
Tue Jan 9 16:26:18 EST 2018

Hello everyone,

NIST is pleased to announce that the NanoFab Equipment Management & Operations (NEMO) web application is now officially open source and free. NEMO is laboratory logistics software that strives to be intuitive and easy to use, making life easier in the lab. It manages tool reservations, control access to tools, and streamline logistics and communication. Organizations can customize NEMO for their own laboratory, and any customer with a desktop or mobile device can access it.

NEMO is hosted on GitHub at https://github.com/usnistgov/NEMO, where you can find screenshots<https://github.com/usnistgov/NEMO#screenshots>, documentation<https://github.com/usnistgov/NEMO/wiki>, deployment instructions<https://github.com/usnistgov/NEMO/wiki/Installation-guides>, and much more about the project. It is written in the Python programming language and uses the Django web framework. We are adopting a standard open source model for the project<https://github.com/usnistgov/NEMO/wiki/Community>, which intended to be a collaborative effort (primarily for nanofabrication labs) and for other labs in general. NIST welcomes ideas<https://github.com/usnistgov/NEMO/pulls>, discussion, and questions on the NEMO mailing list hosted by Google Groups<https://groups.google.com/a/list.nist.gov/forum/#!forum/nemo>. We hope the nanofabrication community is excited about the release of this software, and we look forward to sharing it!

Cheers,
-- Dylan Klomparens