[labnetwork] Harkris Chiller Quality issues

N . Shane Patrick patricns at uw.edu
Thu Jan 11 14:17:00 EST 2018

Hi Patrick,

We have an air-cooled R-series Haskris (the exact model is escaping me) that runs continuously as the cooling source for our JEOL SEM. This chiller was selected at JEOL’s recommendation due to the low pulsing/surging/noise level it produces, which we found had a tremendous impact on our imaging capabilities. This chiller has been a part of this SEM installation since 2011 I believe, possibly earlier, and we’ve had no major trouble out of it. In general, our lab has had very good service and customer support from Haskris, so I’m very perplexed to hear of your troubles. It certainly clashes with our experience with them. I’m not sure I have any useful advice to add other than being sure your usage of the system matches what it is spec’d for.

Good luck, and hopefully better pumping days ahead!

N. Shane Patrick
Research Engineer, Washington Nanofabrication Facility (WNF)
National Nanotechnology Coordinated Infrastructure (NNCI)
University of Washington
Fluke Hall 132, Box 352143
(206) 221-1045
patricns at uw.edu <mailto:patricns at uw.edu>