[labnetwork] Cleanroom Door

Peter Hung peter.hung at aero.org
Tue Jan 16 13:53:42 EST 2018

Hi Everyone,

Our automatic sliding door separating the Class 5 (3520 particles/m^3) and Class 6 (35200 particles/m^3) areas is broken and we're thinking of replacing it. The current doors are embedded in the wall and we're thinking of going with surface mount doors due to the lower cost. Does anyone know if there's a reason to go with either a surface mount sliding door or an embedded door besides costs? Thank you so much!

Peter Hung
Member of the Technical Staff
Microelectronics Reliability & Radiation Effects
The Aerospace Corporation
Peter.hung at aero.org<mailto:Peter.hung at aero.org>
310.336.5238