[labnetwork] Tylan / Tystar floppy emulator

Carsen Kline carsen at stanford.edu
Mon Nov 5 11:02:37 EST 2018

Hi all,

We had an epic power outage last month that took out a third of campus and, with it, some of our most popular equipment. This included our Tylan furnace Tycom floppy drive, and while we happened to have one working spare, it's clear from the mountain of dead drives next to the tool that we're long overdue for modernization.

Has anyone out there gotten a floppy emulator to work on these furnaces? I'm looking specifically at this one<https://hxc2001.com/showroom/HxC_Floppy_Emulator_Tycom_9900_Furnace_Control_Central_Microcom.html> which looks like it has a winning track record, but no trace of who might have figured it out. Of course, if there are others available I'm all ears.

Thanks for the help,

Carsen

Carsen Kline
Lab Operations Manager