[labnetwork] Burning of electronic boards

Gary Olin olinx034 at umn.edu
Fri Oct 5 08:18:55 EDT 2018

Hi Sativa,

It sounds like you have a surge problem with the electric utility.
Nothing kills a cleanroom operation faster than power problems.   I am not
sure what can be done about it up front.   Installing a monitoring
instrument on the power will help you quantify and describe your power
issue.

I have been using an instrument called the PQube from Power Standards Lab.
https://www.powerstandards.com/.  It monitors, records data.   If you get
data from that maybe some corrections can be made with the transformers
serving your facility or other things.  I don't seem to have problems as
serious as yours but it's nice to know when a sag trips off several systems
instead of just guessing at it.

Let me know if you have more questions,
Gary

Gary Olin