[labnetwork] Chamber pressure during reactive e-beam evaporation

Paolini, Steven spaolini at cns.fas.harvard.edu
Thu Feb 7 16:53:20 EST 2019

Aamer,
  The way I understand your question is that you don't want to run at higher chamber pressures than the increased oxygen flow will produce right? If so, you need to install a larger pump or increase conductance if possible. Since you are running without a throttle valve, the chamber and pump are essentially acting in a manner as if the throttle valve were wide open. In this scenario, a throttle valve would only be useful to increase the chamber pressure.

Steve Paolini
Principal Equipment Engineer
Harvard University Center for Nanoscale Systems
11 Oxford St.
Cambridge, MA 02138
617- 496- 9816
spaolini at cns.fas.harvard.edu