[labnetwork] Composition of Mg/Au alloy

Hengyu Wang hengyuw at mit.edu
Wed Jan 30 21:59:37 EST 2019

Hi all,

We are trying to deposit Mg to our substrate by Ebeam evaporator. But since Mg is reactive and maybe dangerous, we are thinking adding some Au to make it a stabilized alloy.

The problem is that we have no experience on how much gold do we need to add into this alloy? Since what we really need is Mg, the lesser gold the better as long as it is stable and safe.

Does anyone has any experience on this Mg/Au alloy? What composition of this alloy should be to make it stable? Thanks.

Best regards,
Hengyu