[labnetwork] Failure light on Turbotronik NT20

Kevin M McPeak kmcpeak at lsu.edu
Tue Jul 2 22:50:31 EDT 2019

Dear Colleagues,

The turbo pump controller (Leybold Turbotronik NT20)  on our Oxford ICP100 plasma etching tool is giving a Failure light, see attached image. I looked in the manual but all it mentions is pressing the stop button to clear the error. I tried that but the light stays red. I have also tried power cycling the machine (didn't help) and I checked all the fuses (all good there). I also reached out the Oxford and Leybold. Oxford said that it is very old and that they have limited experience. Leybold has not replied.

Does anyone on the list have experience with troubleshooting this turbo pump controller? The turbo pump itself is a Leybold 361C. I welcome tips on how best to troubleshoot this issue.

Regards,
Kevin

--
Kevin M. McPeak
Assistant Professor | LSU Dept. of Chemical Engineering