[labnetwork] furnace boat question

Tony L Olsen tony.olsen at utah.edu
Fri May 31 12:16:14 EDT 2019

Richard

In industry, we used to scribe our quartz frequently.  Don't remember any resulting cracks.  However, over time the scribe fades due to growths, depositions, and cleaning.  Best long-term option was to have the quartz vendor add text with a small bead of quartz.  But, both of those options are useless if people won't look.  Better, but still not fool-proof, would be to find a way to mate a specific boat to a specific tube/cantilever - although this adds complexity and increases inventory needs.

If you use different slot width's for the same diameter wafer, you might want to consider using only the largest slot width, but cut the slots at a 3 degree angle.  This forces all wafers to lean uniformly and can accommodate different wafer thicknesses with the same slot.

tonyO

Tony Olsen
Nanofab Cleanroom Supervisor/Process Engineer
University of Utah
36 S Wasatch Dr, Suite 2500
Salt Lake City,  UT  84112
801-587-0651 office