[labnetwork] Issues with the Parylene Coater

Vlahakis, James James.Vlahakis at tufts.edu
Fri Sep 13 16:32:54 EDT 2019

Hi Nava, we have the same system and noted similar at times but never that severe.

It may be the pathway to your process chamber is blocked - the parylene vaporizes, has no place to go and deposits right there. To check this shine a flashlight into the chamber where you normally load the dimer. At the process chamber, pull the flute out and look down - can you see the light? If not, or if the tubing seems much less than ~1" in diameter you have to clean out the accumulated parylene layers. You'll need a stiff wire brush long enough to reach all the way down. Also a vacuum - cleaning this will create a big, flaky mess.

jim