[labnetwork] Toxic gases

Carsen Kline carsen at stanford.edu
Fri Dec 4 23:03:56 EST 2020

Hi Manish,

Stanford is governed by the Santa Clara County Toxic Gas Ordinance, which exceeds or embellishes California building and fire code. (For reference: https://www.sccgov.org/sites/hazmat/programs/tgo/Pages/home.aspx) With automated gas cabinets and the required gas detection, we can keep our cylinders always open and available. The built-in engineering controls on the cabinets (normally closed valves, flame detectors for silane, pneumatic cylinder valves in many cases) both satisfy County code and let us sleep at night.

Best,
Carsen

Carsen Kline
Lab Operations Manager