[labnetwork] Polishing tool

Chito Kendrick cekendri at mtu.edu
Wed Feb 12 20:45:52 EST 2020

Are you wanting to do solid state devices or polymer? We have uses that
polish optical waveguides from a GGG material after dicing using a
polishing system for doing TEM samples and sample prep for SEM - this is
not in out microfab but electron microscopy facility. I could get you more
information from the post doc that is working on that research.

I have users that would like to polish polymer waveguides, but have not got
a solution for that, they end up using the as diced edge with some success.

Chito Kendrick

On Wed, Feb 12, 2020 at 7:45 PM Iulian Codreanu <codreanu at udel.edu> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am looking into offering capabilities for polishing the edge of chips
> to our users working on optical devices. If you have equipment in your
> lab that does that, I hope you can share your experience and
> recommendations with me or the network.
>
> Thank you in advance for your help.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Iulian
>

> --
> iulian Codreanu, Ph.D.
> Director, Nanofabrication Facility
> University of Delaware
> Harker ISE Lab, Room 163
> 221 Academy Street
> Newark, DE 19716
> 302-831-2784
> http://udnf.udel.edu

Chito Kendrick Ph.D. <https://sites.google.com/site/chitokendrickphd/>

Managing Director of the Microfabrication Facility
Research Assistant Professor
Electrical and Computer Engineering
Michigan Technological University
Room 436 M&M Building