[labnetwork] Plumbing new gases in ICP-RIE gas pod

Dennis Schweiger schweig at umich.edu
Thu Jan 23 14:47:09 EST 2020

Kevin,

good afternoon.  You have an interesting assortment of technologies in your
gas box, micro-fit, and the older TB7 weld hardware.  Since your two "new"
gases are relatively inert, I would pick the simplest install to make them
active.  Typically the bypass arrangement you see on a couple of the
channels is for when you need to remove the MFC, and it's plugged.  If you
were using a reactive gas, the bypass gives you a way to evacuate both ends
of the MFC, making it "safe" to remove.

Dennis Schweiger
University of Michigan/LNF
Facilities