[labnetwork] EV620 not initializing

N P VAMSI KRISHNA vamsinittala at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 13:23:37 EST 2020

Dear Chito,
I saw this kind of error in my previous workplace during a couple of
instances. Like, sudden power failure, someone pressed EMO and CPU power
unplugged accidentally. I believe this problem is due to not shutting down
the operating system properly.
EVG guys logged into our machine through online and created a key. They
have a random key generation method which is associated with the windows 98
OS.
In another instance, there was a problem with the stage sensor as well.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Vamsi

On Thu, Jan 30, 2020 at 11:53 AM Chito Kendrick <cekendri at mtu.edu> wrote:

> We have a EV620 Aligner at MTU and this tuesday it did not complete the
> initialization process after logging in, all reboots and attempts have
> failed. We have software version 2.64 and we are still running a Win98
> system. I am talking to EVG about this problem to get a solution, but being
> an older system and software version they are still working on it.
> Therefore I was hoping this community might have faced this issue and have
> some advice.
>
> After typing in the password and hitting run the system starts
> initialization. It moves the optical head, mask stage, WEC, and then gives
> a double beep - all of this is normal. Instead of bringing up the recipes
> it has ERROR and look at the log. The log has as the last entry - "Check
> distance measurement !". All menus are greyed out so I can not access any
> other part of the software.
>
> Regards,
>
> Chito Kendrick
>

> --
> Chito Kendrick Ph.D. <https://sites.google.com/site/chitokendrickphd/>
>
> Managing Director of the Microfabrication Facility
> Research Assistant Professor
> Electrical and Computer Engineering
> Michigan Technological University
> Room 436 M&M Building
> 1400 Townsend Dr.
> Houghton, Michigan 49931-1295
>
> 814-308-4255

N.P.  Vamsi Krishna, PhD

Postdoctoral Fellow

Pritzker School of Molecular Engineering, *The University of Chicago *

Center for Nanoscale Materials, *Argonne National Laboratory *

Phone: 1 (331) 757-8565