[labnetwork] Thoughts on a DAD522 Dicing Saw

Kevin M McPeak kmcpeak at lsu.edu
Sun Jul 5 18:51:39 EDT 2020

Dear Colleagues,

The LSU nanofabrication facility is interested in purchasing a dicing saw. Our community would be dicing silicon, glass, and quartz wafers (to the best of my knowledge).

We are currently considering buying a refurbished Disco DAD522 tool.  It seems like a lot of university facilities own a DAD321. The 522 has comparable specs to the 321 but with a larger footprint.

I welcome your input on the DAD522 model or more general advice on purchasing a refurbished dicing saw. Thank you.

Regards,
Kevin

--
Kevin M. McPeak
Assistant Professor | LSU Dept. of Chemical Engineering