[labnetwork] Hazard due to x-ray production in e-beam evaporators?

Stephen Howe info at fabsurplus.com
Fri May 29 06:38:28 EDT 2020

Dear Aaron,
I used to work on Mass Spectrometers for VG Analytical, which became
part of Thermo Instruments eventually.They had a low accelerating
voltage of 8KV, but we had some tools with a FIB option installed (Fast
Ion Bombardment), and that operated at up to 16 KV.We had a viewport
above the source area, so as to have a reality check on what was really
going as one poked around inside the vacuum chamber. The viewport had
leaded glass. This might be erring on the side of excessive caution,
but such view port glasses are readily available for purchase in the
market place, so that's what I'd suggest.

SDI Fabsurplus LLC
Stephen Howe

Company Owner
email: info at fabsurplus.com
Mobile: +1 830-388-1071
Skype: stephencshowe
WWW.FABSURPLUS.COM

Linkedin:  https://www.linkedin.com/company/sdi-fabsurplus

Twitter: https://twitter.com/fabsurplus

Instagram: www.instagram.com/fabsurplus

Facebook: www.facebook.com/fabsurplus

Featured Sales Items:-

Fabsurplus.com Closed-Bid Warehouse Clearance Sale May 2020

Applied Materials Centura 5200 EPI HTF-EPI Deposition, 3 CH ATM 200 mm

Axcelis NV-GSD-200E2 Medium Current Ion Implanter, 180kV, 150 mm

Important Notice
The information contained in this email is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient,you must not disclose or use the information in this email in any way.If you received it in error, please tell us immediately by return email and delete this message.SDI-Fabsurplus, LLC does not guarantee the integrity of any emails or attached files. It is also not responsible for any changes made to them by any other person.
Fraud Alert - The strategically important semiconductor equipment sector is currently under attack by fraudsters.Many false and mis-spelled versions of common websites are being registered for use in"Business E-mail Compromise" schemes. False companies have been set up in all parts of the world, including the USA, to do wire fraud. Avoid e-mail fraud by defining an I.T. security policy and carefully monitoring any bank transfers for false information.Check any e-mails sent to you are legitimate by looking at the e-mail headers, and scan any attachments for viruses before opening them.