[labnetwork] 150mm quartz diffusion boat lifting handle

Daniel Christensen dcchrist at wisc.edu
Fri Nov 20 16:19:46 EST 2020

Hi Bruce,

I'm not sure what your lifting fork is used for, but I made my own for our furnace boats.  I welded up SS tubing and attached quartz rods for the actual fork tines using ultratorr fittings welded to the "handle"

I attached a picture.  The picture shows the right hand tine is moveable for different size boats, in practice, it is just left in one spot and researchers pick up the boats by the top rail of the boat not the slot thru the end rails (we never have full boats).  This is also because it is very difficult to weld both the two tines parallel and coplanar.

Anyway depending on your application, you may be able to make your own.

Good luck,
Dan Christensen
Univ. Wisconsin-Madison