[labnetwork] Liquid nitrogen and argon shortage

Nava Ariel-Sternberg na2661 at columbia.edu
Sat Dec 4 10:12:36 EST 2021

Hi Manish,Would you mind sharing how did you learn about the shortage?Thanks,NavaSent from my Galaxy
-------- Original message --------From: Manish Keswani <manish.keswani01 at gmail.com> Date: 12/4/21  8:20 AM  (GMT-05:00) To: labnetwork at mtl.mit.edu Subject: [labnetwork] Liquid nitrogen and argon shortage Hello everyone,We just learned that there is a severe shortage of liquid nitrogen and argon in the US. Our entire lab will be impacted by this and we will need to evaluate consumption of these gases for different tools in our Nano fabrication center and make priority for tools usage based on that. Nitrogen is used as a purge gas for pumps and equipment and we will be looking into tools that consume significant amount of nitrogen and how to minimize their use or use them more efficiently.If you have any thoughts or ideas that will help with this issue, please share them.Thanks,ManishSent from my iPhone_______________________________________________labnetwork mailing listlabnetwork at mtl.mit.eduhttps://mtl.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo.cgi/labnetwork