[labnetwork] Cleanroom elevated floor

Dennis Schweiger schweig at umich.edu
Mon Dec 13 07:56:40 EST 2021

Shimon,

good morning.  Here at UofMichigan we have both a raised floor cleanroom,
and low side wall return cleanroom.  The raised floor is a catch-all for
all kinds of debris/pieces/parts, and unless you make a conscious effort to
pull the floor and vacuum under there, it does collect.  As the facility
guy, I've spent many hours vacuuming that surface whenever we do work in
that underfloor plenum space.  Even with the amount of stuff it collects
and extra work required to keep it clean, I still wouldn't trade it for the
low side wall return section.  The raised floor provides another level of
flexibility in the fit up of tools when you have to route some type of
utility up from the subfab.  We can talk more if you'd like to further
discuss it.

Good luck with your design, now is the time to make the correct choices,

Dennis Schweiger
Facilities Superviser
University of Michigan/LNF

734.647.2055 Ofc