[labnetwork] cleaning procedure for chillers

N Shane Patrick patricns at uw.edu
Sat Feb 27 12:34:43 EST 2021

We have a haskris chiller on a JEOL SEM and the agreed procedure is to add a bottle of drug store peroxide to tank, let it run normally, no isolation, overnight or so, then drain, flush, and fill and return to service. Algae is usually our biggest issue, and this is more than enough to handle it. I suspect most anything will hold up fine to the dilute peroxide solution. I have other chillers and systems where CLR has been used for other types of clean out.

-Shane

Sent from my iPhone