[labnetwork] UGM Symposium moved to 2022

Cornwall, Bob rgc5 at psu.edu
Fri Jan 22 15:28:02 EST 2021

I would be interested in seeing something being offered this spring/summer via some type of virtual platform.  I am guessing there are some strategic activities that we have all engaged in that could benefit and not wait another year to share.  PSU for one could talk about our transition to the revamped NEMO platform for PSU which we have named LEO.  Laboratory Equipment Operations.   There has been a significant branch of the base code to include multiple cores and even an add on billing capability that connects to LEO plus a ton of other modifications upgrades.

NIST has not stood still on this and they could also present some of the improvements they have made.  I know other labs have considered this tool but we transitioned very successfully.  It would be great to share our experience and hear from others on this topic alone.

We started using a platform called Gathertown for more interactive meetings. Check out their platform for a virtual event.  https://gather.town/  It actually works pretty well to maintain collaboration opportunities in our virtual world.

I am sure that others have similar information to share that does not need to wait a year.  But even if we could set up a half day meeting or a series of 4 one hour talks, I think we could get significant participation.

Bob

Robert Cornwall
Penn State Materials Research Institute
Managing Director