[labnetwork] Nanoscribe Users

Tim Gilheart gilheart at rice.edu
Tue May 11 12:38:06 EDT 2021

Hi Nagaraj,

As others have discussed on this list before, many of our facilities are equipped with the right tools to prepare these Nanoscribe substrates correctly from readily-available stock wafers.

In addition to dicing the different glass and silicon substrates for Nanoscribe use, we also developed our own ITO sputtering process that meets the specs in the Nanoguide resource Matthias refers to.

Also: we have had no issues with continued support from Nanoscibe after switching to our in-house prepared substrates. As Matthias notes, however: be sure to follow carefully all the documented protocols when deviating from standard thicknesses to avoid a crash.

My teammate Jing (copied here) has the lead on our Nanoscribe tool, and we’d be happy to discuss further with you directly as needed.

Tim Gilheart, Ph.D.
Research Scientist - Nanofabrication Cleanroom Manager,
Shared Equipment Authority (SEA), Rice University
Cell: 832-341-5488 | Office: 713-348-3159 | gilheart at rice.edu