[labnetwork] Information request: PVD reactor based on LAFAD technology

Aju Jugessur Aju.Jugessur at Colorado.EDU
Tue May 25 13:17:55 EDT 2021

Dear all,

I am reaching out to the community to get some feedback on facilities that may have a plasma-enhanced PVD reactor based on large area filtered arc deposition (LAFAD) technology, for surface engineering and deposition of various thin and thick film coatings and surface modifications. I am attaching a flyer that contains some of the technical information and the model under consideration is LAFAD 600C and the original manufacturer is ARCOMAC.
I would like to obtain some information and your perspectives on the following (if you have any model from this manufacturer)

  1.  Maintenance/repairs and issues with the instrument
  2.  Availability of parts and any third-party services on the instrument
  3.  Estimated usage (hrs)/year
  4.  Diversity of application areas of the technology
  5.  Any other comments and concerns

Since I am not familiar with this specific instrument, I would be grateful for any information, advice and perspectives that you may share with me. You may contact me directly or let me know as I can also call you as well.

Thanks so much,
Regards
Aju

Aju Jugessur Ph.D. IEEE Sr. Member
Director, Colorado Shared Instrumentation
in Nanofabrication and Characterization (COSINC)
Member of Engineering Staff Council (ESC)
University of Colorado Boulder | College of Engineering & Applied Science
4001 Discovery Drive, N360G SEEL | Boulder, CO 80303| P: 303.735.5019| F: 303.492.2199
E-mail: aju.jugessur at colorado.edu<mailto:aju.jugessur at colorado.edu>
Personal Zoom link: https://cuboulder.zoom.us/my/ajugessur
www.colorado.edu/facility/cosinc<http://www.colorado.edu/facility/cosinc>

[signature_578491268]

Signature-Strengths: Focus, Activator, Futuristic, Strategic, Achiever
(CliftonStrengths)