[labnetwork] grounding of Nalgene Carboys for solvents

Ferraguto, Thomas S Thomas_Ferraguto at uml.edu
Wed Oct 20 08:37:59 EDT 2021

A vendor recommended using a grounding wire inside a solvent 2.5 gallon car boy for solvent collection (closed).

I’ve never seen that before, we currently collect in 5 gallon solvent resistant plastic?

A  ground wire would have to be reinserted every change. I just don’t know if the change is necessary.

Any thoughts on using an inserted ground wire in a solvent carboy. I haven’t been able to find anything in the regs, yet.

We do bond and ground for satellite solvent steel drums.

Tom Ferraguto
UMass Lowell