[labnetwork] Regarding : Aluminium E-Beam Evaporation

Chandan H B chandanachar95 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 02:04:14 EDT 2022

Dear Lab network community,

We are currently facing an issue in the deposition of Aluminium in one of
our Electron beam evaporation tools, we tried intermetallic, fab mate,
copper, glassy coated graphite, and graphite crucibles for the evaporation.
It seems that none of them are working out.
We see crucible gets broken at the initial deposition quite often.

Are we missing out on any parameters unchecked?
Kindly recommend us a few parameters or solutions for the same.

Any suggestions/Inputs are highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

Regards,
CHANDAN H B
THIN FILM ENGINEER

P.S: Here are a few parameters that are provided to the tool.
Power: 10KW
Voltage: 10KV constant
Current: Variable
Rise1 & Soak1: 5min & 1min /8min & 2min
Rise1 Power: 4% (for intermetallic crucible)
Rise2 & Soak2: 5min & 1min /8min & 2min
Rise2 Power: 8% (for intermetallic crucible)
Ramp down: 5min
Rate of deposition: 0.1nm/sec
Beam Pattern: Spot Beam at the center of the crucible
Crucible Volume: 20cc
Material fill %: As recommended 67-75%