[labnetwork] wirebonder for shared academic facility

Edmond Chow kchow10 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 16:08:14 EDT 2022

We are looking to purchase a new wire bonder for our multi-user facility.
We currently have one old K&S 4524AD ball bonder. However, it has been
difficult to maintain as the tool is prone to be messed up by inexperienced
users, whom we have encountered often in our lab.

We are seeking advice for a more user-friendly wire bonder, which can
better tolerate some operator error without messing up the machine too
badly.

Thank you in advance.

--
Edmond Chow

*Nick Holonyak, Jr. Micro and Nanotechnology Lab (HMNTL)*

*University of Illinois*
Rm 2300, MC-249

208 North Wright St. Urbana, IL 61801

Email: echow at illinois.edu