[labnetwork] Schedule Tool/Booking Tool

Shuyou Li shuyou at fomnetworks.com
Thu Dec 22 13:55:03 EST 2022

[DISCLAIMER] I am the owner of FOM Networks, Inc and this post is related to a commercial product of the company.

Hi Bernhard,

I believe my company's product Facility Online Manager (FOM) perfectly fits your requirements. Please read on to see your listed items being addressed one by one:

- The user should be able to book a specific machine for a specific period of time.

Yes, this is supported by FOM out of the box, even with the free-hosted license.

- Also, it would be good if we could link the tool to the university ID service so that everyone can log into the software with their university login.

This is also supported by FOM.

- The administrator should be able to define how often and how long a user can book a machine, e.g. user Alice can book a machine for 4 hours a day, but not more than 12 hours per week in total.

Yes, FOM provides a lot of configurable parameters you can set for each individual instrument, including the limit per day and limit per week you mentioned, out of the box, even with the free-hosted version.

- It would be great if you could limit the time slots for the machines. For example, the dry etcher can only be used from 8:00-10:00, 10:00-12:00, 12:00-14:00, and so on.

With FOM, you can define the schedule increment to be 2 hours (or any other value) of an instrument, then the instrument calendar will show reservation time slots to be 8-10, 10-12, etc.

- We would like to create analytics about how often machines are booked, how often a certain group of people uses a machine and so on.

FOM provides a lot of statistic reports out of the box. The reports you mentioned are included. In addition, FOM also provides customization programming. Any and all parts of the FOM system are fully supported 24/7 and can be customized with a reasonable customization rate ($50/hr for standard license, and $150/hr for enterprise license).

- Self-hosted in our university's data center is a must.

FOM offers flexible hosting solutions. You may choose shared on-cloud service, dedicated on-cloud server, or self-hosted local server.

You may check out a comparison of the four license types that we provide from free-hosted license to enterprise at https://fomnetworks.com/compare_licenses

Shuyou
--
Shuyou Li, Ph.D.
FOM Networks, Inc.
Email: shuyou at fomnetworks.com
Zoom: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/2242259168

________________________________
For our cleanroom we need a new tool for the users to book the machines. Does anyone have a good solution for this problem?

- The user should be able to book a specific machine for a specific period of time.

- Also, it would be good if we could link the tool to the university ID service so that everyone can log into the software with their university login.

- The administrator should be able to define how often and how long a user can book a machine, e.g. user Alice can book a machine for 4 hours a day, but not more than 12 hours per week in total.

- It would be great if you could limit the time slots for the machines. For example, the dry etcher can only be used from 8:00-10:00, 10:00-12:00, 12:00-14:00, and so on.

- We would like to create analytics about how often machines are booked, how often a certain group of people uses a machine and so on.

- Self-hosted in our university's data center is a must.

Right now we are using "Booked", but I wanted to know if you know any other software solutions.

Thanks in advance and I wish you all happy holidays!!!

Best wishes,

Bernhard Reineke Matsudo

Phoqs Infrastruture

University of Paderborn