[labnetwork] UV light bulbs for mask aligner

Cohen, Ana N CTR USARMY DEVCOM ARL (USA) ana.n.cohen.ctr at army.mil
Thu Mar 31 13:19:58 EDT 2022

Unfortunately have run into the same issue (checked with Atlanta Light Bulbs
and BulbConnection.com). Seems like these distributors are just not getting
UV lamp shipments at all. They can get an estimated shipping date for 350W
bulbs, but is consistently pushed back each month. 1000W have less hope and
are just described as "critical supply" with no shipping date in sight.

Considering people have luck with purchasing from straight from USHIO I'm
going to look into that for our 350W bulbs. Unfortunately our MA8 doesn't
like USHIO (for reasons unbeknownst to us) and needs the harder to get
1000W. I may try contacting OSRAM directly for replacement. Does anyone have
any experience there?

As for the LED option, I did ask SUSS directly what they could do for
retrofitting and for my tools it's in the ballpark of $75k (MA6) and
$100k-$150k (MA8 Gen3) depending on what additional components may need to
be replaced. Not sure I'm going to have much luck arguing adding that into
our budget last minute. If anyone has found any Idonus or similar retrofit
companies in the US, that would be amazing.

--

Ana N. Cohen [she/her/hers]

Photolithography Technician

US Army Research Laboratory